Import from Roboform 6

Import from Roboform 6

Postby roboripoff » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:13 am

I have followed the directions with the print list. It is visible on my screen. When I tell Sticky Password to import I get the message no unprotected passwords were found. I would like to purchase your product since I am one of many who have been disrespected by Roboform and I like your product. I do not wish to re enter all my data manually.
Please advise.
Thanks.
roboripoff

Re: Import from Roboform 6

Postby ondrej.novak » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:31 pm

Hi roboripoff:-),

thank you for your message.

Could you please send me exactly which version of Roboform and Sticky Password are you using? We´ll do our best to resolve this issue.

Roboform is for some reasons still changing the exportation process but we´ll for sure find a way how to manage it.

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby Ronnie » Fri May 06, 2011 3:31 pm

Hi - I am using Roboform 6.10.2 and am in the same boat as roboripoff. I want to try Sticky Password as a Roboform replacement, but do not want to retype all my information. Thanks... Ronnie
Ronnie
New user

Postby ondrej.novak » Tue May 10, 2011 12:36 pm

Hi Ronnie,

have you please tried to import your password accordingly to these instructions?

To export your passwords from Roboform 6:

1. Click on the Roboform TaskBar icon
2. Select “Logins”
3. Select “Print list”
4. Enter your Roboform Master Password if necessary
5. Let the Print list window opened

To import Roboform exported passwords into Sticky Password:

1. Click on the Sticky Password system tray icon
2. Select “Manage Database”
3. Click on “Import” (in the bottom part of the window)
4. Select “AI Roboform passcards” from the list and press “Load passwords...”
5. Select the possibility Load from running AI Roboform instance (click on the button “AI Roboform…”)
6. Select each checkbox with the data that you would like to import.
7. Once you have completed your selection, click “Import” to begin importing passwords and data into Sticky Password. During the import process, Sticky Password will compare the data in both databases. When conflicting data are found, you will be prompted by the Merge operation conflict dialog to decide whether to overwrite the current Sticky Password Account with the imported data, or to create a new Account in Sticky Password.
8. After Sticky Password has imported the passwords you have selected, you will be prompted to remove passwords still retained in the system cache. Click the box to Remove passwords from system cache, and then select “Only imported passwords” or “All unprotected passwords”. Click “Remove” to clear the passwords from the system cache, or “Finish” to exit the Import process without deleting the passwords.
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby Ronnie » Tue May 10, 2011 1:20 pm

Hi - Thanks for getting back to me. All went well until step 7. At that point I get a dialog box that says no unprotected passwords were found (see attached) and no data is loaded. Thanks... Ronnie
Attachments
sticky.jpg
Screen Grab
sticky.jpg (71.51 KiB) Viewed 2453 times
Ronnie
New user

Postby ondrej.novak » Wed May 11, 2011 10:20 am

Hi Ronnie,

many thanks for your reply.

We´ll discuss it with our developers and we´ll do our best to fix this issue as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby Ronnie » Wed May 11, 2011 12:21 pm

Thanks...
Ronnie
New user

Postby ardee » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:30 pm

Hello,
I am having the exact same issue. Nearly two years have passed. Has anything been done to fix this?
Thanks.
ardee

Postby Evzen » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:04 am

@ardee:
Please post more details... What version of Roboform and Sticky Password are you using?
Do you have the RoboForm Print Preview dialog correctly displayed on the screen when importing? See the attached screenshot of perfectly working import from RF 6.10.2 to SP 5.0.13.263.

Can it be that all the accounts which you want to import from RoboForm already exist in Sticky?
Or are you perhaps importing from RoboForm 7? In that case you need to switch off the "new printlist dialog" in RoboForm's settings - see the point 3) in http://www.stickypassword.com/support/faq#faq_63
Attachments
roboform6_import_to_sp5.png
Evzen
Experienced user

Return to Sticky Password PRO 5