Windows Phone 8 App Request

Windows Phone 8 App Request

Postby toast » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:25 am

Hi SP,

I've been using SP for over a year now and I am very happy with it, thank you.

I'm about to purchase my first smartphone, which will be the Nokia Lumia 920 with Windows Phone 8. It's a big deal for me, as this platform is starting to tick all the right boxes (looked at iPhone and Android but they both left too many boxes unchecked).

Of course, one of the first things I looked for on the Sticky Password site was some mention of support, or intention to support, password management on WP8. Unfortunately, this support is no-where to be seen.

It is understandable that no App is available for WP7, especially considering that there is no Android App. However, it would be good to have some indication of intention to bring SP to WP8. More-so, given that WP8 has the same code base as Windows 8 and therefore will assist the re-development of Windows 8 Apps onto WP8.

Anyway, as soon as I couldn't find anything on the SP site I started to take a look at the competition to see what the go was with them.

Naturally, opening a discussion on this topic will likely bring up the other discussion that has been going on about synchronizing SP DB's across devices. Whether through a simple synch by devices with cloud storage like Dropbox or SkyDrive, or through an online service hosted by SP.

I am going to assume that everyone at SP have seen the writing on the wall for some time now, so please consider giving us all some indication about where SP is headed to. I am sure that this would be most appreciated, and might even bring people on-board who are still undecided.

Thank you :)
toast

Re: Windows Phone 8 App Request

Postby petr.pinkas » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:24 am

Hello,

well the rise of mobile platforms is obvious, no doubt here. That is why we are working hard on the mobile versions for iOS and Android as they have the biggest market share and are required by many our users. Windows Mobile is still on the edge, however this may change with the new Windows Phone and tablets having Windows Mobile 8 preinstalled.

So, this needs some reconsiderations on our side as well as monitoring customer's needs. Right now, I can tell we probably won't make the Windows Mobile version to the next version of Sticky Password 7, which will also introduce online synchronization between devices, but what I can tell right now, that we will have a serious look on this mobile platform and do what we can.

Thank for suggestion!
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Re: Windows Phone 8 App Request

Postby toast » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:48 am

Hey Guys,

I'm really needing a password manager for WP8 and the lack of a migration of Sticky Password from Windows is looking worse with each passing month. I'm sure there are more and more people who need a version on their WP8 phone as I do.

Migrating apps from Windows 8 to WP8 is supposed to be the easiest a migration has ever been. Is anything impeding your migration?

Thanks guys. I really don't want to have to migrate to Last Pass!

EDIT: Just re-read my previous post about SP likely to be available on WP8 in version 7. Any confirmation that this is going to happen? Cheers.
toast

Return to Suggestions and Feature Requests