Sticky Password not working with Steam

Please post here problems with web browsers and applications.

Sticky Password not working with Steam

Postby Kodak » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:00 am

Ran into another issue just now, sorry about this.

I've been trying to add my login for the Steam Client and getting nowhere...
It seems that no matter what I do I can't get Sticky Password work with this program.

I have succeeded in adding my login info by pressing the Sticky Pass button in the titlebar of the app.
I then verify that my login info is correct by viewing it within Sticky Password (I always do this since I uncheck the auto login checkbox)
I then start the program only to find that my login info has not been auto-filled. Clicking the Sticky Pass button in the titlebar only shows the "add account" and "open Sticky Password" options - it does not show my login.

To be able to log in I have to open Sticky Password and then manually copy my details into each textbox in the app.

Here is the website for the application: http://store.steampowered.com/
The web login works fine, it's just the Steam Client that you install that I am having issues with.
Kodak
New user

Re: Sticky Password not working with Steam

Postby petr.pinkas » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:31 am

Which version of Sticky Password do you use? We support this app in the version 6. See related post here: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=78150
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby Kodak » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:55 pm

The version of Sticky Password that I have is:
Sticky Password Pro v6.0.5.415

Here are the details from the Steam client:
Steam client application
Built: Oct 22 2012, at 17:49:03
SteamAPI: v012
Steam package versions: 2026 / 2026

I have viewed the link that you have provided, but I don't understand what may be going wrong. I've tried deleting my account info within Sticky Password and then starting Steam. I then click the Sticky Password button in the titlebar and select "Add Account". I fill in the details and then ensure that it saves.

I then close the steam client application and launch it again. Sticky Password does not auto-fill the entry fields and, when I click the Sticky Password button in the titlebar it only shows "Add Account" even though I already have one saved in Sticky Password.

Is it possible that Steam has updated their application and "broken" this ability in Sticky Password?
I can confirm that it works 100% with other applications and webpages, except for https://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/ (that I already opened a thread for, previously, but found a suitable work-around for the time being)
Kodak
New user

Postby petr.pinkas » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:19 pm

Please change the account settings of the Steam account in Sticky Password in Option tab in "Tie account to" section to "application" value. This should help you. If not, let us know.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby Kodak » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:45 pm

I've done as you have suggested and changed the "Tie account to" choice to "application".
It now auto-fills and shows my login in the titlebar button, but I'm still having problems.

Sticky Password doesn't seem to be inserting my login info to the Steam application correctly. I've launched the application and then pressed the "login" button after Sticky Password has auto-filled the relevant textboxes but I get a window saying that my account does not exist.

I still need to manually copy my username and password in order to login.

However, I did notice some odd behaviour (please note that the username textbox is pre-filled/remembered by the Steam Client) :

1: There is a delay after launching steam before textboxes are filled. The "login" button is then made the active control.
2: Doing nothing and waiting for textboxes to be filled results in one character missing in the password textbox.
3: After launching Steam if I keep clicking the USERNAME textbox repeatedly then my pre-filled username (filled by steam) is erased, then filled correctly, erased once more and then filled with my PASSWORD.
4: I closed steam and then launched it again, but this time I repeatedly clicked on the PASSWORD textbox. The textbox is filled, then erased, then filled again but only with part of my password (I am unable to tell which characters or if it is even my password due to it being masked with "****"
5: Using the Sticky Password titlebar button causes steam to close after attempting to erase and then fill the textboxes. The password textbox is always one character less then my full password.

It seems to be something to do with which control is active at the time that Sticky Password is attempting to auto-fill. Perhaps the Steam Client window is making the "login" button active before Sticky Password has finished inserting the password?

I hope this helps to diagnose the problem.
Kodak
New user

Postby petr.pinkas » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:39 pm

Thanks for the extensive details of the issue. We have used other method with this application, so please uncheck the "Automatic Log-in" feature in the Option tab and when you will run Steam, please navigate to the Account name field and choose appropriate login from the Caption Button and fill it manually.

Thanks for understanding.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby Kodak » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:47 pm

Ahh, yes. That seems to have fixed the problem.

I've always disabled the "Automatic log-in" option for my accounts, but I've tried the solution that you provided with success.

I didn't think to try selecting the Account Name textbox before using the caption button to select my login. I won't go into detail, but that does explain why the Steam Client would close when I was trying before.

Thank you again for your support. If I run into any more odd and quirky problems then I'll be sure to try some of the solutions that you have provided before informing you of the issue.

Thank you again.
Kodak
New user

Return to Problems with web browsers and applications