Stickypassword compatibility with other software

Stickypassword compatibility with other software

Postby yonder » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:52 am

Hello I found a problem related to crashing of third party software as a result of stickypassword running.
I know you can disable/ignore software within the settings this does prevents the crashes.
You can however use passwords within this particular program called Directory OPUS. So if I wanted to use sticky password with that program I would need to deal with these crashes.

I'm here to inform you of the situation if you aren't already aware.

I have a link describing my problem at the Directory OPUS forum here:
http://resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18517

They helped me track it down to stickypassword causing the crash.
otherwise stickypassword works great. (I use firefox)

They have even offered technical information for you to help resolve the problem! You can contact them if you wish found in the link.

Thanks!
yonder

Re: Stickypassword compatibility with other software

Postby petr.pinkas » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:25 am

Thanks Yonder! We will have a look on that with our developers and see how we can possibly make this to work, however, the Directory OPUS software is requested for the first time, so it will probably have lower priority to implement if you understand. If the demand will be high, we will work on it with higher priority. There are tons of software with which it will be great to work, but the development is sometimes very hard and they release updates for the software, so we have to monitor it constantly. I hope you understand that.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Postby MentholMoose » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:47 am

Hi,

I had the same problem. When you show the Rename Dialog and you close this window (skip, abort, etc.), it crashes.

I hope we will be able to use Sticky Password with Directory Opus, especially when asking for usename/password on network drive.

Regards.
MentholMoose
New user

Postby duqu » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:27 pm

its not that weird, i paid 130AUD for my dopus lic and have only SP from GOTD, still - its not fun fun to abandon my fav tool ... as i wrote before - you R my choice - but if it cant work it together - you and dopus - ill stick to dopus, and exchange you for sth else, think about it....
duqu

Postby duqu » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:38 pm

as i said before - dopus is essential - rest needs to follow - if you like more *NOT_ALLOWED*, thats not my problem - i pay hard AUD's for experience i got first on my amiga - i am on the side depending on user exp - their fun makes my acc happy and my happyness pays their bills so it would be great to get this problem resolved.... GL!
duqu

Postby The Sand » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:08 pm

I also have Directory Opus and hope you come up with a fix for it so the two programs can run successfully together.
The Sand
New user

Postby RobertG » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:54 pm

I had a similar problem. Having installed Sticky Password my copy of Arcsoft PhotoStudio 5 began to hit memory errors like this:

Exception EOoutOfMemory in module spCapBtn.dll at 0000529D
Runtime error 204 at 01AF417D
The instruction at "0x01af41c0" referenced memory at "0xfffffffc". The memory could not be "read".

If I stop SP then PhotoStudio works fine.

Eventually I figured out spCapBtn.dll is part of SP. I tried reloading PhotoStudio - no improvement. I tried reloading SP - no improvement. Now I see there's a way to tell Sticky Password to keep its sticky fingers out of selected applications. I told SP to keep clear of PhotoStudio and now everything works fine. What a miracle!
RobertG

Postby petr.pinkas » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:48 am

Robert, have you tried to add this application to ignored apps in Sticky Password?

In the Sticky Password Settings dialog select Ignored Apps section, then click the Add button and select the application executable file (it's located usually in Program Files).
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Return to Sticky Password PRO