please add wifi sync direct to database

please add wifi sync direct to database

Postby iphoneuser » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:06 am

I feel that storing password files in the cloud has the potential for risk. So I prefer password systems that store the database on local computers.
However, synchronizing that database with the iphone is crucial and my preference is to have a system that I can add passwords to from my phone and then synchronize back to the desktop.
Your current sync process is to export a password file for import in to iTunes for read only purposes on the iphone.
Do you have plans to release a two way synchronous relationship between phone and desktop database that would sync over wifi?
iphoneuser

Re: please add wifi sync direct to database

Postby ondrej.novak » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:17 pm

Hi,

we are preparing a new version Sticky Password 7 which will allow you to store your database in the cloud and to sync it with all your devices.

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby iphoneuser » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:11 pm

Thanks for the reply...are there also plans to allow a wifi synchronization with a desktop installation without the need to save the database in the cloud?
Although it is unlikely that a cloud based database of passwords would be hacked, not putting it in the cloud in the first place entirely removes any risk of it being hacked.
Additionally, would purchasing version 6 now provide a free upgrade, or should I wait until the release of version 7 to purchase?
iphoneuser

Postby petr.pinkas » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:09 am

Hello, at this time there are no plans to allow a wifi synchronization with a desktop installation, everything will be synchronized online. So it will be possible to have the offline version of Desktop version, but it will not be possible to synchronize without having the database in the cloud.
Right now if you will upgrade to version 6, it will be with 40 % off and with version 7 it will be with discount too, but if you will upgrade lets say month before the release of version 7, it will be probably for free like we have done it with the last 2 major updates.
Petr Pinkas
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
petr.pinkas
Site Admin

Return to Sticky Password for iPhone (Sticky Password 6)