Evaluating - can I manually save pwd & multiple logins

Evaluating - can I manually save pwd & multiple logins

Postby charles_i » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:16 pm

Hi guys,

Still evaluating but I think, so far this is awesome and way better than your "competitors".

Couple of questions:

I do a lot of work with forms that have nothing to do with passwords - like WordPress configuration so I need to be able to turn off the auto-popup that always asks me if I want to save a password every time a submit button is detected. And related to that, is it possible to fill out a form and then manually click Sticky Password to save the form you just filled without the prompt?

Secondly, there are cases where I have multiple passwords for the same login page (ie online email clients). Sticky Password has successfully saved them all but when I go to the URL I have to click Sticky Password and then choose one - is there a way to have the choice automatically popup to save one click, or some other way to streamline this process?

Thanks
Charles
charles_i
New user

Re: Evaluating - can I manually save pwd & multiple logins

Postby chaosxian » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:10 pm

charles_i wrote:Secondly, there are cases where I have multiple passwords for the same login page (ie online email clients). Sticky Password has successfully saved them all but when I go to the URL I have to click Sticky Password and then choose one - is there a way to have the choice automatically popup to save one click, or some other way to streamline this process?

My experience is that it is browser dependent. When I access Gmail via Foxfire, Sticky pops up a selection window with all my logins. Using Chrome, I double-click the Gmail's Username field, and my multiple logins appear. For this all to happen, you need to have the Sticky browser add-ons installed.

What browser are you using?
chaosxian
Experienced user

Postby ondrej.novak » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:35 am

Hi,

if you don´t want Sticky password to offer you to add an account for a website, you can add the URL to the list of Ignored websites in Settings.

If you would like to add an account for a site manually, you can always click on the Caption Button in the upper right corner of your browser and select Add account from the menu.

The pop-up bubble should appear if you have more login for one website however check if the URL for which the account is saved is the same like the URL that you are opening. For example on Google, you are using the same login details on more URLs and that can cause the problem.

Best regards,
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby charles_i » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:42 pm

OK thanks for that. However, there are a couple of things related to this I don't like. First of all when I add a new account SP chooses a name - which is often wrong and based on a stored password on the same site - yet there is no option to edit the name until after it's been saved.

I also see that I can't overwrite an incorrect password. I had to reset a WordPress login and SP saved the password before I could correct my original typo. Now when I try to use the same account name it just tells me that name already exists - I have to go into edit and find the account and delete it or edit it. And if I want to edit a link because it's wrong I have to go to Change - but I can't edit any other login info there - should be all in one place.
charles_i
New user

Postby ondrej.novak » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:17 am

You can edit the name of the account when adding it. If you already have an account for the site and you are just adding a new login, it´s not possible to change the name of the account. But you can navigate to the Edit account section directly from the Add account dialog.

Sticky Password always asks you if you would like to save any change to the database. So you had to confirm that you would like to save a new password right? I´m not sure if I understand you correctly. In the Edit account dialog you can change all your settings for selected account including link, login, password...
Ondrej Novak
Sticky Password Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
ondrej.novak
Sticky Password Guru

Postby Evzen » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:11 am

charles_i wrote:And if I want to edit a link because it's wrong I have to go to Change - but I can't edit any other login info there - should be all in one place.
That's because link is a property of the entire Account, while login, password, etc. are properties of a Login.
Account can have only one link, but can have associated multiple Logins.

The Logins tab shows settings for individual Logins; the Account's link is shown here for your reference.
To change the link you are brought over to Options tab which contains settings for the entire Account.
Evzen
Experienced user

Postby charles_i » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:31 pm

Now that I've worked with this a bit more I see what I'm trying to say is where there are multiple logins for the same URL it would be nice to have "Add Description" available when you save an additional password - instead of having to edit the Account to add that later.
charles_i
New user

Postby The REAL JE from Canada » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:12 pm

chaosxian wrote:
charles_i wrote:Secondly, there are cases where I have multiple passwords for the same login page (ie online email clients). Sticky Password has successfully saved them all but when I go to the URL I have to click Sticky Password and then choose one - is there a way to have the choice automatically popup to save one click, or some other way to streamline this process?

My experience is that it is browser dependent. When I access Gmail via Foxfire, Sticky pops up a selection window with all my logins. Using Chrome, I double-click the Gmail's Username field, and my multiple logins appear. For this all to happen, you need to have the Sticky browser add-ons installed.

What browser are you using?

There is no browser called Foxfire.
The REAL JE from Canada
New user

Return to Sticky Password PRO