Because they are the symbol of Sticky Password. Also because our company Lamantine Software is named after the French word (“lamantin“) for manatee. And because manatees are an endangered species.
Surely, you’ve seen a manatee – at least in a picture. They are big (over 10 feet), beautiful and give the impression of being from another world. But like many Internet users who are unaware of just how vulnerable their online data are, manatees are unaware of their vulnerability in shallow waters near human civilization.
In the last century, invasion of hunters, motorboats and other human-related activities have made them an endangered species – protected by law.
That’s why with each Sticky Password license sold, we support the non-profit organization Save the Manatee Club.
- Manatees have no known natural predators
- Manatees surface every three to five minutes but can hold their breath and remain underwater for up to 20 minutes
- Manatees are capable of living to be about 50-60 years old in the wild. However, due to the dangers they face in today’s world, their average life span is only 8-13 years.
- There are three different species of manatees throughout the world
- Manatees are around 10 feet in length and weigh about 800—1,200 pounds
Let us help you protect your sensitive online data and in turn we can support the endangered manatees around the world.