See Sticky Password in action. Step-by-step video tutorials.
Sticky Password PRO customers receive prompt priority support via email.
Get answers to questions that users in the community have posted.
The complete help file is available as an online reference guide. The manual for Sticky Password 6.0 will be available soon.
Having a problem automatically filling in an on-line form or login? Let us know.
Click here to enter the name or URL of the website that you would like to submit for our attention.
- How can I upgrade to the newest version of Sticky Password?
In addition to the new features we've added to Sticky Password 6.0, we know you'll enjoy the savings when you upgrade. Simply click here to save 40% when you upgrade your current version to Sticky Password 6.0.
- What's the difference between using Sticky Password and the password saving feature included in some browsers?
Unlike the password saving and auto-complete features of web browsers, which are limited to the websites accessed through only that specific browser, Sticky Password makes your passwords available when surfing the web with major browsers (Internet Explorer, Fire Fox, Sea Monkey, Flock and others) no matter which browser you used to create a password account. And, with support for many of the programs that you run on your computer every day, Sticky Password is there for you even when you aren't surfing the web!
Sticky Password offers the extra security of being able to easily lock and unlock access to your passwords! You'll have the comfort of being able to leave your computer unattended without having to worry about your passwords being misused.
Sticky Password is portable, so you can take your passwords with you. Feel secure accessing your password protected sites at the library, in Internet cafes, wherever you go!
Sticky Password helps ensure that your passwords are secure with the built-in password strength gauge! And, Sticky Password can remember multiple passwords for a single account, which is not possible with browser password managers.
With Sticky Password, you get all of these features and more in a single application!
And, all you have to do is remember 1 password!
- Can I import my password from another program?
Sticky Password allows you to import your passwords from other installations of Sticky Password as well as from other password management programs. When importing passwords, choose whether to overwrite all accounts in Sticky Password, or to append the imported accounts to the existing accounts in the database.
- Why should I use a password manager
Passwords are the most popular form of authentication and they are often the only barrier between your personal information and a malicious person trying to steal it. The safest password technique is to create a new, strong password for each account.
Of course, it would be inefficient to try to remember so many different passwords. We are proud to offer you Sticky Password Manager – a program designed to protect your passwords and provide effortless, authorized, access to them.
- Sticky Password holds all your passwords. It seems that a day doesn't go by that we don't have to create a login and password for a new website or application. Remembering them all is impossible, and writing them down on a piece of paper or in a text file saved on your computer desktop is a security risk. Sticky Password stores all of your passwords in an encrypted file on your computer to which only you have the Master Password – the only password that you'll have to remember from now on.
- More secure passwords. Names of pets, birthdays and the nicknames of your children are examples of words that should never be used as passwords! As a general rule, if you can remember your passwords, then someone can probably guess them. With Sticky Password, you'll be able to take advantage of the built-in password generator that not only creates strong passwords (combinations of various lengths of letters and special characters that are nearly impossible to guess), but also stores them safely where no one but you can get to them. Your passwords will be much stronger, and you'll have the peace of mind knowing that they are securely stored.
- Protection against phishing scams. Sticky Password is able to identify exactly the website address (url) that your bank or other secure website should be directed to. You no longer have to worry about being fooled by fake sites that try to trick you by a similar appearance or other phishing gimmicks. Sticky Password will stop any stealthy re-direction and warn you! You'll enjoy safer access to all your password protected sites knowing that Sticky Password is protecting you.
- Automatic login and form filling. A big reason to have a password manager is to save yourself the hassle of having to enter your login and password information on all those sites you visit. Sticky Password recognizes your sites and logs you in automatically! In addition, with Sticky Password, you'll also be able to complete online forms with the click of a button.
- Will Sticky Password know all of my existing passwords and make them available when I upgrade to the new version?
Yes, upgrading to the newest version of Sticky Password is easy. Simply download the installation package and double click on the icon to begin installing. Sticky Password will automatically import your passwords and Identities to the new version and install the new version while eliminating all unnecessary files from the previous version. Please note that you will be asked to enter your current Master Password from your earlier version of Sticky Password. (You will be asked to enter your Master Password even in the event that you have chosen "No authorization" as your authorization method in the Settings menu.)
- How can I download and activate Sticky Password PRO with my License Key?
Entering your License Key into the Sticky Password TRIAL will activate Sticky Password PRO for continued usage of all of the features and functionality. Follow the steps below to activate Sticky Password PRO from your Sticky Password TRIAL.
If you don´t have the Sticky Password TRIAL installed, please download it at:
Entering your Sticky Password License Key:
- Copy your License Key
[this can be done by highlighting the entire License Key, then copying it to the clipboard by
- simultaneously pressing CTRL + C, or
- with the cursor over the highlighted text, right click the mouse for options and select 'copy' from the options menu]
- Right-click on the Sticky Password icon in the System tray icon and select Enter license key.
- Paste your License Key into the "Enter the License Key here" field
[with the cursor in the License Key field, this can be done by
- simultaneously pressing CTRL + V, or
- right click the mouse for options and select 'paste' from the options menu]
- Click on the "Activate" button and you´re done!
- Copy your License Key
- How to install Sticky Password for iPhone?
From your iPhone device:
- In your iPhone device go to App Store, press Search and search for Sticky Password.
- Select the Sticky Password for iPhone item in the search result and press the FREE button on the top right position and click Install.
- Enter your Apple ID and password credentials to initiate installation process.
- Sticky Password for iPhone is now installed on your iPhone.
From your PC/Mac:
- Go to App Store, your iTunes will be launched (if not, press View in iTunes link under Sticky Password logo on the left side).
- Press on Free App (Download) button under Sticky Password logo and enter your Apple ID and password credentials to download Sticky Password for iPhone.
- Synchronize your iPhone device with iTunes and you’re done.
For more information how to upload your Sticky Password database to iPhone please see our tutorial here.
- Which iPhone devices and iOS are supported?
iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S devices are supported. iOS version 4 and 5 are supported.
- Is it possible to access my passwords online with my iPhone?
No, you need to upload your desktop Sticky Password PRO password database vita iTunes. Sticky Password for iPhone only works with data stored locally and does not synchronize over the Internet.
- How can I synchronize my database with iPhone?
- Export your current database from desktop version:
- Open Manage Database dialog and click "Export"
- Select "Export entire database" and click "Next"
- Select "Secure encrypted export for iPhone" and click "Next"
- Define Master Password for your iPhone version and click "Next" (Use only Latin alpha-numeric symbols for your password as your iPhone wouldn't accept any "special" characters)
- Select destination for the exported file and click "Next"
- Import your database into iTunes
- Open iTunes and select iPhone in the Devices list
- Click Apps at the top of the screen
- In the File Sharing section, select Sticky Pass
- Drag & Drop your database to the Documents section or click Add under the Sticky Pass Documents section and select the exported database file. Click "Open"
- Launch Sticky Password on your iPhone
- Select Sticky Password icon on your iPhone's desktop
- Enter your Master Password you have defined before
- You are ready to use Sticky Password on your iPhone device.
- Export your current database from desktop version:
- Can I edit my database on iPhone?
No, currently the iPhone version is in "read-only" mode and you can't edit your database on your iPhone device.
- Is it necessary to select the same Master Password for iPhone as for my desktop version?
No, you can use your own Master Password, however if you will forget it, you won't be able to access your iPhone's database.