The Local sync option allows you to synchronize your encrypted Sticky Password database between any two of your devices over your local Wi-Fi or other local network (wired LAN).
Local sync is supported on devices that have Sticky Password installed on them: computers, smartphones and tablets running Windows, macOS, Android or iOS. To take advantage of all the benefits of syncing your data, make sure that you’re using Sticky Password Premium. In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to use Local sync between your PC and an Android device.
Before we start, make sure that:
- Both of your devices are connected to your local network.
- Sticky Password must be installed and unlocked on both devices.
- Sync – local must be enabled on both devices.
- And, last but not least, both devices must be using the same StickyID (i.e. connected to the same StickyAccount) – after all, we’re going to synchronize the data between devices associated with one user account.
Set your Android device
Click Synchronization Settings.
Tap Sync methods to reveal the available options.
Select Local over Wi-Fi.
Set your Windows PC
Open Sticky Password and click the small dropdown arrow of the sync settings button in the lower left corner: select Sync – local.
This will launch the popup dialog showing you the available devices that you are able to sync with. From the list that appears, select the device that you want to synchronize with and click Sync.
Confirm your PIN
If this is the first time you’ll be synchronizing with the selected device, a dialog will appear with a PIN that you’ll need to enter in the other device – in this example, this is our Android device. For security purposes, the PIN needs to be entered in the target device within 30 seconds, or you will have to generate a new PIN on your PC.
Enter the PIN when prompted on your Android device and tap OK.
Your PC and Android device will now synchronize the encrypted Sticky Password database between themselves. The date and time of the last sync is always displayed at the bottom of the main Sticky Password dialog window.
If local sync doesn’t work correctly (for example, because the devices cannot see each other), make sure that:
- Both synced devices are connected to the same StickyAccount (i.e. are using the same StickyID).
- Sticky Password is unlocked on both synced devices and local sync is selected on both devices.
- Both devices are connected to the same local network (Wi-Fi or wired LAN).
- Try to initiate local sync from device A to device B. If this doesn’t seem to work – then try to initiate the sync from device B to device A.
- Try to temporarily disable your firewall or antivirus as this may be blocking communication between your devices.